Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sephora 'The Red' Lipstick



Even though I am in my mid-20's, I have just recently started to experiment with makeup. (I’ll explain why in a later post). But, living in Korea really made me want to learn more about makeup because so many Seoul women looked put together regardless of the time of day or day of the week.

Despite my lack of makeup expertise, one staple I am comfortable with is lip-gloss. I always shied away from lipstick, though, thinking it was for mostly for older women. But, I took a trip to Sephora a few weeks ago to use a gift card, and was intrigued by a saleswoman wearing bright red lipstick. I had seen red lips before, but mostly in catalogs or advertisements. The saleswoman explained that lipstick is great for bright and lasting color, which of course I was interested in. I made an impulse decision to buy the brightest red lipstick that I could find, based on the red-lipped saleswoman’s recommendation. I chose Sephora’s ‘The Red’ because it seemed to be a quality product at a reasonable price.

I tested the product in the store, and the woman told me to wear it every day until I loved it. After I had made the purchase, I continued wearing the product out into the mall. As I was walking around, I noticed that people (who generally don’t make eye contact) were looking me directly in the face.

So, maybe Red Lipstick doesn’t make you kissable (nobody wants red lipstick smudged on the mouth area), but it definitely does attract a certain amount of attention in public.


Some other benefits are that it made my lips look fuller, and contrasted nicely with my relatively pale skin. I love the way it makes my lips stand out against my skin tone, and somehow it makes my eyes look bigger. However, in the summer heat I found that the product bent a bit when I applied it. I was nervous that it would break, but it held. I’d just be careful about keeping it in your purse on hot and humid days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment